OpenAdNation

Monday 25 August 2014

Beyoncé Rocks the Video Music Awards, Thanks Her 'Beloved' Family

Beyoncé's Video Music Awards set can only be described as "Flawless."

Wearing a bejeweled body suit, Queen Bey ran through the bulk of her hit visual album, from the sexy "Partition" to the sweet "XO."

She was the most nominated artist on Sunday, and the pop diva was also presented with the Video Vanguard Award, which honored her entire body of work – and she showcased her latest hits in the jaw-dropping 15-minute performance.

Still, she didn't pull a Justin Timberlake (who, as last year's VV award recipient, reunited with his 'NSYNC bandmates on the VMAs stage) by singing with her Destiny's Child gal pals Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams – or recruiting husband Jay Z for "Drunk in Love."

Instead, Jay sat in the audience with their 2½ daughter, Blue Ivy (looking fierce like Mommy in a sparkly gold dress of her own), on his lap and Rowland at his side. The rapper, 44, then presented his wife with the Video Vanguard Award with Blue in his arms, lovingly calling Beyoncé "the greatest living entertainer."

Beyoncé, 32, cried as her family took the stage, kissing Blue as the little girl clapped for her mom.

"Thank you. I have nothing to say, but I'm thrilled with so much gratitude. I just thank God for this moment. I love y'all so much," she tearfully told the crowd. "My beloved, I love you. My fans, I love you. MTV, I love you. Good night!"

In the past few months, the couple have been dogged with rumors of marital discord.

But since their On the Run tour kicked off June 25, they've put on a united front both on and off the stage.

Next up for the superstar couple: performing in Paris on Sep. 12 for the first of two shows, which will air on an HBO special Sept. 20.

Another event on the horizon? Her 33rd birthday on Sept. 4.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner