OpenAdNation

Thursday 21 August 2014

Lazio can reach European spots - Klose

The striker is happy with the signings the Serie A
side have made this summer and believes their
lack of European football this term will help them
reach the top six
Lazio's Miroslav Klose has admitted that the
club's main goal for the season is to qualify for
European competition again.
Lazio are without European football this season
after their ninth-place finish in the Italian top
flight last term.
However, following the arrival of the likes
of Stefan de Vrij, Filip Djordjevic and Marco
Parolo, Klose, who won the World Cup with
Germany last month, feels the Rome club can
challenge for the top six.
"We have two competitions, the League and the
Coppa Italia. It will be important for us," Klose
told reporters.
"We will play only on the Sunday, so during the
week we will work hard. I am happy with new
coach [Stefano Pioli], whilst many new players
have arrived. Hopefully we will be good.
"I like this Lazio, now we have to continue to work
together. It is important. When I arrived, the club
bought six players and the squad moved forward
well. Hopefully the same can happen this year."
The 36-year-old, who became the top goalscorer
in World Cup history this summer, added that his
personal objectives were only focused around
helping the team.
"[My objectives] are the same as those of the
team, we want to get into Europe," the German
added. "Then we will see if we can fight for a
higher position.
"I want to score more goals than last year, I had
several injuries that did not allow me to perform
as I wanted.
"We will consider everything that comes. But first
we have to play as a team. Given that we will only
be playing on weekends, we can win matches even
in the final half-an-hour."
Klose announced his retirement from
international football in August, but hinted that
he wanted to see out his contract with Lazio
before looking into coaching possibilities.
"I have a one-plus-one contract. Later I want to
try and gain the licenses to become a coach. In
football, you never know what can happen.
"I have been here for three years, it is important
to work during the week and to do everything for
Lazio.
"For me, this is a job, you must eat well and sleep
much. We are professionals, it is normal to be like
this."
Lazio start their Serie A campaign against AC milan on august 31
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner