OpenAdNation

Monday 18 August 2014

Exclusive - Meulensteen hits out at Moyes over Man United claims

Rene Meulensteen has accused David
Moyes of misleading Manchester United
fans over his departure from the club.
Meulensteen left his role as first-team coach at
OId Trafford after Moyes replaced Sir Alex
Ferguson as manager, and the decision not to
keep the Dutchman on was criticised by many
United supporters and regarded as one of the
reasons why the Scot endured such a disastrous
spell in charge of the club.
In an interview with a national newspaper on
Sunday, Moyes spoke out about his miserable
time at United and addressed the Meulensteen
issue, claiming he had wanted the long-serving
coach to remain a key part of the staff.
But that was angrily refuted by Ferguson's former
right-hand man on the Alan Brazil Sports
Breakfast, as he feels he was forced out of the
club.
Meulensteen blasted: "He says he asked me to
stay but he didn't say what he then said after that.
He said, 'well, I would like you to stay, I know
how important you have been for the club and
what you have done for the club, but I am going
to do it all myself'. So, it was then, 'OK, what is
the reason for me to stay'?
"That has not been documented and that is why
you get all these wrong, mixed messages about
why I didn't stay.
"We had two massive meetings. Yes, there was an
element he would like me to stay but, on the other
hand, he said, 'everything you did, I am going to
do myself'. So, after being there for five years with
Alex Ferguson, being an integral part in training,
planning, executing and the whole lot, suddenly
you have been sidelined."
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner