OpenAdNation

Monday 25 August 2014

David Luiz: I wouldn't have been happy at Barcelona

Paris Saint-Germain defender David Luiz claims
he wouldn't have been as happy had he joined
Barcelona instead of the French champions.
The Brazil international moved to Parc des Prince
from Chelsea this summer as the Spanish giants
began pursuing a number of high-profile
defensive targets.
While a potential move to Camp Nou never
materialised, with Barca focusing their efforts on
the signing of Luis Suarez before later turning to
centre-backs Jeremy Mathieu and Thomas
Vermaelen, the 27-year-old claims he will enjoy
his football far more in Paris than he would in
Catalunya or in Germany.
"I'm sure I'll be happier here in Paris than if I had
moved to Barcelona or Munich," Luiz told
Telefoot.
"I really believe PSG is the club of the future,
that's why I'm happy to be here and I think I'll
stay here for many years."
Luiz admitted he was persuaded to join PSG after
talks with coach Laurent Blanc and Brazil team-
mate Thiago Silva, and claims the whole club is
fully focused on winning the Champions League.
"I talked a lot with Thiago Silva and the coach,
Laurent Blanc," said the former Benfica man. "My
decision was easy. PSG were made for me.
"The great objective is the Champions League. It's the dream hear
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner