OpenAdNation

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Suarez: I turned down other offers to join Barcelona

The Uruguay international says that he did
hesitate for a second before deciding to move to
Catalunya - despite previously having been linked
with the likes of Real Madrid

Luis Suarez has revealed that he did not even
consider the other offers on the table before
agreeing to join Barcelona because it has long
been his "dream" to play with Lionel Messi and
Co. at Camp Nou.
The Uruguay international completed an €81
million move to Catalunya from Liverpool earlier
this summer, even though it appeared for a long
time that the forward was more likely to end up at
Real Madrid.
However, Suarez has explained that he has been
watching Barca and their recent title successes
from afar for some time now.
"When we had contact [with Barcelona] and knew
of their interest, I did not hesitate for a moment
because it was my dream, my desire," he stated in
an interview with Barca Fans. "I rejected other
options because my dream was to play here.
"After many years in Europe, first at Ajax and
then Liverpool, my career had been growing and
now it has reached its pinnacle by being at the
best team in the world.
"I want to win the titles that [I watched Barca win]
from a distance for years. I always enjoyed
watching the players here, who are now my team-
mates."
Suarez will not be able to make his Barcelona
debut until the end of October as he received a
four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini
during Uruguay's World Cup clash with Italy on june 24
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner